ArcGIS Open Data - Shapefile Currently Unavailable

10-27-2015 07:07 AM
ANRGIS
by
Occasional Contributor

We are having intermittent issues with ArcGIS Open Data Portal.

We get errors that state "The shapefile you requested is currently unavailable. "

We can access our rest endpoint, ArcGIS Open Data can access the requested json, it just won't download the shapefile. Fiddle doesn't return any errors, but waits for a long time for each request. Perhaps a timeout issue... We have a very large Open Data REST endpoint which may be causing performance issues, but our recollection in the documentation is that Open Data caches our datasets in the cloud and presents them for download on request...

We worked with tech support weeks ago and they didn't have a great answer for us. The interface is completely uninformative and cumbersome. Typically the troubleshooting workflow involves us needing to reset the index/download for EVERY dataset that we have hosted. When you have 70+ layers available for download, this isn't an easy task and doesn't fix this issue immediately. Sometimes there are lags between suggested fixes and all of the sudden, "BAM!" it's working again, no worries, it's fixed, thanks, leave us feedback to let us know how your experience was!

What is the deal? We are currently using this for our data distribution method and if these intermittent issues continue, we are going to have to find another solution and recommend another solution to our partners as well.

We are curious if others are having the same issues and if so, what your troubleshooting patterns have been to fix it.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
ChrisBardash
New Contributor II

I am having some similar problems with our site (www.txdot.gov/opendata).  We have several large datasets on there, some of which download fine and others which do not.  For the TxDOT Roadway Inventory service, the download button does not show the option for File Geodatabase, while all of the others do.  Also, downloading the shapefile of this and other layers fails, saying that an error occurred, but give no further explanation.   I have gone to the Data Manager and clicked the reset button for those that do not, but it did not help.

Furthermore, for some services like the TxDOT Roadway Inventory 2013, I get the error "You do not have permissions to access this resource or perform this operation," yet all of these services are shared with everyone (public). 

All of our data is hosted on ArcGIS Online.  Each service only contains a single layer.  All of them were published directly via ArcPro.  Everything should be the same.

0 Kudos
PhilLarkin1
Occasional Contributor III

I also receive the permissions error when attempting to download a large file geodatabase:

http://gisdatacatalog-spokanecounty.opendata.arcgis.com/datasets/elevation-contours 

0 Kudos