AGO Open Data download issues

12-16-2014 11:32 AM
ChristopherBoland
Occasional Contributor

Since the new update this morning, i've been testing my develpment site out and I've come up with a few issues:

1. When trying to download one dataset "Something went wrong with the server.  Please try again or report this issue to the team." (Dataset | FWC GIS & Mapping Data Downloads )
  2. While trying to download another large dataset, which I know has been a problem in the past, I only get 1000 of the 2328 records returned in my downloaded dataset (Dataset | FWC GIS & Mapping Data Downloads).  I think this is because I tried to download this dataset before the most recent update and maybe the zipped shapefile was cached on ESRI's server with the max number of features returned by the server, but there's no instruction on how to clear that cached zip file.
  3. When downloading a zipped shapefile for a large dataset, the GUI doesn't give you an option of where to save the dataset.  So, if it is a long download like this dataset (Dataset | FWC GIS & Mapping Data Downloads), you have to wait until the large data download is complete before you can save it anywhere, and you might miss the prompt that shows up breifly at the bottom of the browser window.

Any suggestions would be helpful,

Chris Boland

0 Kudos
16 Replies
DanielFenton1
Occasional Contributor III

Miguel, our best guess is that simultaneous requests for datasets that are not cached causes this.

0 Kudos
MalcolmJ
Occasional Contributor II

Daniel Fenton

I am having the same problem as in issue 1 in the original post.

When trying to download a large dataset (25,000 polygon features) the progress will stay at 0% for a few minutes, then say "An error occurred while processing this dataset". I've been testing our site over the last week or so and find this occurs on this particular dataset most times I try download it. On other datasets is happens at various tiems but not so frequently.

This is the dataset here Dataset | Marlborough District Council Open Data

The data comes from this 10.2.2 service Layer: Property (ID: 36)

0 Kudos
DanielFenton1

Hi Malcolm,

I cleared the cache and the download seems to be working well. As of last night, you have a new button in the admin data report for your site which will allow you to clear the cache on your own. Clearing the cache is kind of the unplug it and plug it back in approach troubleshooting downloads. Works most of the time!

MalcolmJ
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks Daniel. That dataset is now downloading consistently without issues. The clear cache button is a great feature! Nice to have a way to fix this issue ourselves if it pops up.

Thanks heaps

0 Kudos
DanielFenton1

Glad you like it! It's feedbacks from folks like yourself on this forum that led to us implementing it. So please keep up the communication.

Daniel

0 Kudos
NatalieHarris
New Contributor

I am also having this issue. We are uploading a layer of parcels to open data with 163,462 rows (polygons). We do this monthly. This month for some reason, when we download the parcels, the number of polygons is correct, but there are holes in the data where some polygons are no longer present. The data must be getting lost in the download of the zip file. What is going on? The data is located ArcGIS Hub . The January dataset is also looking like it's affected now. Please let me know what the issue is. Thank you.

0 Kudos
DanielFenton1

Hi Natalie,

I recommend opening up an issue with support so they can precisely scope the issue and further escalate to developers if necessary.

Daniel Fenton

ArcGIS Hub Team

0 Kudos