"Spatial Statistical Data Analysis for GIS Users" available free for download

09-11-2017 09:51 AM
EricKrause
Esri Regular Contributor

I am happy to announce that we have made Spatial Statistical Data Analysis for GIS Users available as a free download.  This is a PDF textbook written by Konstantin Krivoruchko, one of the founding members of Geostatistical Analyst.

This textbook was previously available through Esri Press:  "This book presents a practical introduction and guide to spatial statistics for researchers, statisticians, academics, and college students who want to expand their knowledge and skills in geographic information system (GIS) technology to new areas of analysis. More than 1,000 full-color illustrations are included, along with lessons and sample data to help organize courses and lectures."

Download link for the PDF book: https://downloads.esri.com/esripress/pdfs/spatial-statistical-data-analysis-for-gis-users.pdf

Download link for datasets used in the book: https://downloads.esri.com/esripress/pdfs/spatial-statistical-data-analysis-for-gis-users.zip

Enjoy!

-The Geostatistical Analyst team

14 Replies
PamButler
New Contributor

I'm not able to download the book or the file.  Links seem to be broken.

0 Kudos
EricKrause
Esri Regular Contributor

@PamButler There was some instability yesterday (they failed to download a couple times before finally succeeding), but it seems to be resolved today.  Please try to download them again, thank you!

0 Kudos
jyothisril
New Contributor

Hello,

I was able to download the datasets through the links provided. However, when I project the soil sample data, I am seeing the values at a different location on the map. Please advise on the co-ordinate system and projection used. It will be very helpful for my future project work. Thank you.

0 Kudos
EricKrause
Esri Regular Contributor

@jyothisril Many of the datasets do have undefined coordinate systems, and I unfortunately do not know the original spatial references.  Many are likely custom coordinate systems of small study areas.

0 Kudos
jyothisril
New Contributor

Hi Eric,

Thank you for the reply. Is there any way I can get to know the co-ordinate system they used for the analysis of soil cesium levels in Belarus for the year 1992 in the textbook ? It will be very useful for me to run the analysis and come up with productive results if I know the coordinate system. Any leads are highly appreciated. Thank you.

0 Kudos