Update Custom GeoEvent Processor

06-11-2020 05:45 AM
MattFancher1
New Contributor III

I need to update a custom GeoEvent processor for use in 10.7.1.  It was developed for use in 10.2.2. Can anyone provide a high-level description of what's involved in the update? Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Stefan_Jung
Esri Contributor

Hi Matt Fancher‌,

there are a lot of releases in between this two versions. A lot of classes have been renamed or removed, some open source libraries have been exchanged. Also GeoEvent is now using the Open JDK instead of the Oracle JDK. I know that between some versions it was quite easy to upgrade and between some versions there was a little bit more work to do. How complex is the processor?

I would suggest to just reference the 10.7.1 GeoEvent SDK and check the compiling issues. Try to fix them, and if you are running into bigger problems you could ask here with a concrete problem. 

Best,

Stefan

MattFancher1
New Contributor III

Stefan P. Jung

Thank you for the kind reply. It is helpful.

I think the processor is relatively simple. It works with an AVL feed from verizon networkfleet. It takes the state of a sensor from a NetworkFleetSensor message and stores it in a hash table. It then enriches subsequent NetworkfleetGPS messages with the sensor state from the hash table.

Thank you again,

Matt

0 Kudos
Stefan_Jung
Esri Contributor

Hi Matt Fancher‌,

if it is easy for you to separate the business logic in the old processor, you could also take one of the sample processor delivered with 10.7.1 and just add your business logic from the old processor.

Best,

Stefan

0 Kudos