Select to view content in your preferred language

Twitter (twitter) Input-Connector (Geo Event Processor Extension) - fail

03-19-2015 05:15 AM
StijnMattens
New Contributor

Hey everyone,

We've been coping with the same Twitter error log for quite some time now.

We had hoped the latest Twitter-Input connector would provide the sollution but unfortunately it didn't.

When we activate the Twitter-input connector the Tweets are streaming in, but at random moments it stops working.

The problem (error log) says that a nullpointer exception has occured in the HttpInboundTransporter class (managed by Esri and added in .JAR format).

Is there a sollution to this problem ?

You'll find the complete errorlog in attachment.

Hoping for a positive response / reply / collaboration

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JeremyGould
New Contributor III

I am getting this exact same issue.  This occurred in 10.2.2.  I never found a solution and decided to wait for 10.3.  I just got 10.3 up and running just a few minutes ago.  Exact same problem as I had in 10.2.2.  Initially I create the input connector and tweets are flying in.  I then decide to make a change to the input, service or output.  Something as simple as changing the text I want to track.  As soon as I make a change the tweets just stop coming in.  The input is running, just nothing coming in.  I don't even know how to get them to start back up.  I have tried recreating the input, I have tried restarting the GeoEvent processor Services...etc.  I would like to see an answer for this as well.

0 Kudos
RJSunderman
Esri Regular Contributor

A new compilation of the Twitter components for 10.3 was completed today which relies on a different library. I've run quick tests on this new offering and I think it addresses the issues described above.

I will post an update to this thread once the new versions have been uploaded to the product Gallery.

Best Regards -

RJ

0 Kudos
RJSunderman
Esri Regular Contributor

The new 10.3.x compilation of Twitter was uploaded to the product Gallery Friday 4/17. Here's a link to the Gallery item:  Twitter for GeoEvent

The repository on GitHub has also been updated if you are looking for the source code.