Setting up spatiotemporal AND relational big data store

02-15-2016 11:52 PM
StephanKünster
Occasional Contributor II

Hi all,

I'm trying to set up a testbed (ArcGIS 10.4) with spatiotemporal AND relational big data store installed on the same machine.

Relational Data Store should be used by Portal for ArcGIS, Spatiotemporal Data Store should be used by GeoEvent Extension.

ArcGIS for Server, Portal for ArcGIS and WebAdaptor are working fine. SSL is configured with valid certificate for server domain.

I installed ArcGIS Data Store and dismissed the Config Wizard after installation was finished, opened command line and created two data stores by using this command:

configuredatastore https://my-domain.com/arcgis siteadmin password C:\arcgisdatastore --stores relational,spatiotemporal

After a while the script returned with a message like "installation successful" and when I looked into my Server Manager, I could see the Data Store. I federated the server with Portal and it works fine.

Then I installed the GeoEvent Extension and assumed it would show an entry for Spatiotemporal Data Store, but the dropdown box is empty (I expected to find an entry "default").

I looks like the SpatioTemporal Data Store didn't start, is not well configured or something went wrong during installation.

How could I figure out why it isn't working as expected? Are there any logfiles I could investigate?

Do I have to open ports on firewall even all components are installed on the same machine?

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot,

Stephan

1 Reply
RJSunderman
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Stephan –

Sorry your question has gone so long without a response. Is the issue you describe still a problem for you? You might look at the thread Re: Spatiotemporal big data store isn't showing up in Geoevent Manager which Martin and I contributed to March 5th (a few weeks after you posted this question - sorry). It sounds to me like maybe you don’t have a connection to Portal registered as a GeoEvent Data Store?

The GeoEvent Data Store connection registered as ‘Default’ is not sufficient to begin using the new spatiotemporal big data store – you have to register a “Portal” type connection as a GeoEvent Data Store and provide username and password credentials enabling GeoEvent to authenticate with your Portal.

Once you do this, and then navigate to Site > GeoEvent > Spatiotemporal Big Data Stores in GeoEvent Manager, you should see an entry for an enabled BDS in the Spatiotemporal Big Data Store pulldown toward the top of the Manage Spatiotemporal Big Data Stores page.

- RJ