Select to view content in your preferred language

Polling external website using HTTPS

04-23-2015 06:50 AM
MartinWennerwald
Emerging Contributor

Hi,

I'm trying to poll an external service (hosted in Azure), using HTTPS and the HTTP-BasicAuthentication transport.

I'm able to pass the username and password attributes to the request using that transport, but I keep getting a "Bad Request" in the log.

Is HTTPS not supported, or could you tell me how I could achieve this?

Thanks,

Martin

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RJSunderman
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Martin -

I've been working with someone in Esri Technical Support who has had some success using the HTTP‑BasicAuthentication connector to poll a secure GeoRSS feed ... the difference being that he was using the RSS adapter whereas I assume you are using either the JSON or Generic-JSON adapter to poll your external server's service.

Would you mind e-mailing me so that we can arrange either an on-line meeting or provide me the URL you are trying to poll and the credentials needed to access the external service? I'd like to try accessing the same resource you are trying to access in order to see if we can get this to work for you.

Best Regards -

RJ

RJ Sunderman | Esri Professional Services

Product Engineer | GeoEvent Extension for Server

380 New York St. | Redlands, CA 92373 | USA

T 909-793-2853 x2065 | rsunderman@esri.com

0 Kudos
JerryCorum
Deactivated User

Hi Martin,

This is Jerry in Esri Support Services.  Are you polling an external ArcGIS for Server service, or something else?  If you are accessing a secure ArcGIS Server Service, I think you will need to use the Esri Resource Proxy, Releases · Esri/resource-proxy · GitHub, rather than using the HTTP:BasicAuthentication transport -- this way the appropriate tokens are generated for ArcGIS Server. 

If it's a different kind of service, is it something you can create a mockup of in a publicly accessible environment so we can take a look?

Thank you,

Jerry

Esri Support Services

0 Kudos