Looking for Flight and Train Live Feeds

Jump to solution
07-30-2014 09:26 AM
AdamRepsher
Occasional Contributor III

As we use GeoEvent‌ Extension in our office, people are starting to expand their thinking about what they "need" to be keeping track of.  Someone just stopped by and asked if I could display live train and air traffic.

I have seen some demos of air traffic through GeoEvent Extension, but have never asked where the information is coming from.

Does anyone get live feeds for train or air traffic?  If so, what organization do you obtain the feed from?  Please include any links or contact information that you have.

Thanks!

--Adam

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AdamRepsher

This is an update to this thread.

The FAA has decommissioned the old ASDI feed and has put it within their new SWIM Program - I believe that the TFMS within this chart is the new generation of ASDI.  In my opinion, connecting to this system is a highly complex process for the data you get.  I'd look to FlightAware ($$) or maybe even the OpenSky Network (possibly free).

--Adam

geoevent #realtime‌#faa#flight#flightaware#flighttracking#avl

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ErikHoel
New Contributor II

It sounds like you are looking for the FAA ASDI data.

http://www.fly.faa.gov/ASDI/asdi.html

0 Kudos
AdamRepsher

Now, if I could just find anyone who has used the live ASDI feed with GeoEvent‌, I'd be a happy camper!

--Adam

#geoevent#realtime#faa#flight

0 Kudos
AdamRepsher

This is an update to this thread.

The FAA has decommissioned the old ASDI feed and has put it within their new SWIM Program - I believe that the TFMS within this chart is the new generation of ASDI.  In my opinion, connecting to this system is a highly complex process for the data you get.  I'd look to FlightAware ($$) or maybe even the OpenSky Network (possibly free).

--Adam

geoevent #realtime‌#faa#flight#flightaware#flighttracking#avl

0 Kudos
AdamRepsher

I have just successfully queried FlightAware's FlightXML feed with GeoEvent Server at 10.6.1.  It is much cheaper than the Firehose - unless you are querying a large amount of flights or just want them all.

Contact me if you want the rundown on how it is done or go HERE to get started.  Just look for my reply.

--Adam

#geoevent#realtime#flight#flightaware#tracking#FlightXML#avl#flighttracking

0 Kudos