GeoEvent Processor won’t start up after upgrade

Jump to solution
12-16-2015 10:12 AM
KDeVogelaere
Occasional Contributor

After upgrading GeoEvent from 10.2.2 to 10.3.1 we could not open the login for GeoEvent.

Our GeoEvent service is running but we are getting a no service was found error and a 404: Page Not Found message instead of the manager login page. GeoEvent logs showed the old configurations were maintained during the upgrade.

Log file location: C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\GeoEvent\data\log\karaf.log

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KDeVogelaere
Occasional Contributor

Thanks to Chris at ESRI Support and the tech folks in Australia for guiding us towards a solution -

[Updated] Steps taken:

GeoEvent Service stopped

Deleted - C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\GeoEvent\data

Deleted - C:\ProgramData\ESRI\GeoEvent\zookeeper  (ProgramData is a hidden folder, turn on hidden folders in Folder Options)

Deleted - C:\ProgramData\ESRI\GeoEvent\zookeeper-dynamic.properties

Replace 'run-checklicense.bat' file contents

Update line of code in C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\GeoEvent\bin\run-checklicense.bat to point to our Java install location,

set JAVA_EXE=D:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\framework\runtime\jre\bin\java

Gave full permission to local ServiceID (ID with 'logon as' permission) for folder C:\Program Files\ArcGIS

GeoEvent Service started

Wait a few minutes

Open GeoEvent Manager and proceed to unsafe login page

Ref: (https://esriaustraliatechblog.wordpress.com/2014/08/12/geoevent-processor-wont-start-up-help/)

-K

View solution in original post

4 Replies
KDeVogelaere
Occasional Contributor

Thanks to Chris at ESRI Support and the tech folks in Australia for guiding us towards a solution -

[Updated] Steps taken:

GeoEvent Service stopped

Deleted - C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\GeoEvent\data

Deleted - C:\ProgramData\ESRI\GeoEvent\zookeeper  (ProgramData is a hidden folder, turn on hidden folders in Folder Options)

Deleted - C:\ProgramData\ESRI\GeoEvent\zookeeper-dynamic.properties

Replace 'run-checklicense.bat' file contents

Update line of code in C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\GeoEvent\bin\run-checklicense.bat to point to our Java install location,

set JAVA_EXE=D:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\framework\runtime\jre\bin\java

Gave full permission to local ServiceID (ID with 'logon as' permission) for folder C:\Program Files\ArcGIS

GeoEvent Service started

Wait a few minutes

Open GeoEvent Manager and proceed to unsafe login page

Ref: (https://esriaustraliatechblog.wordpress.com/2014/08/12/geoevent-processor-wont-start-up-help/)

-K

IsmailHafeez
New Contributor

i did the fresh installation of Geoevent Processor 10.3.1 on my VM and i am getting this error try everything it doesn't work "no service was found". The above solution did not solve my problem

0 Kudos
JeffMarion
New Contributor II

I am currently having this issue after upgrading from 10.3.1 to the new 10.4 version.  None of the fixes I have seen online have worked and after a ticket with ESRI support has been open for 2 weeks now, I still do not have a fix.

0 Kudos
JeffMarion
New Contributor II

Thanks to Steven at ESRI support, we were able to fix GeoEvent after upgrading from 10.3.1 to 10.4.  Fix was similar to the above first comment. This is what we did to fix the "No Services were found" error:

- Uninstall GeoEvent

- Delete folder:  C:\ProgramData\Esri\GeoEvent

- Reinstall GeoEvent

GeoEvent Manager page is now working properly.

0 Kudos