GeoEvent Extension info

04-08-2015 11:38 AM
AlicePence
Occasional Contributor II

Just wanting more information on the Extension - we are planning on upgrading from 10.2 to 10.3 and on all the release notes, blogs, websites all it pretty much says is that the GeoEvent Processor is now called GeoEvent Extension. So I have one main question (and haven't heard back from my ESRI Rep yet)

How much extra, on average, does the extension cost?

Any more advice or info on the Extension is welcomed

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KDeVogelaere
Occasional Contributor

Hi Alice, this should be the same thing.  GeoEvent is an extension of ArcGIS Server.  What did your rep tell you?

0 Kudos
RJSunderman
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Alice -

I spoke with Michael Seybert in Esri customer service. He indicated that he works with your CIO (Teresa Luna?) ... Michael should be contacting you or someone in the Idaho OCIO soon.

I can confirm that the ArcGIS GeoEvent Extension for Server is in fact an extension for the ArcGIS Server product. It was first introduced as the "GeoEvent Processor" with the 10.2 product release of ArcGIS and renamed shortly thereafter to more appropriately identify it as an extension to the ArcGIS Server product.

GeoEvent is licensed separately from ArcGIS Server as an add-on / extension. It is Esri corporate policy to not discuss licensing terms or quote product costs through the forums or blogs. An organization's licensing is generally negotiated taking in to account the number of licenses and products you need to support your enterprise.

You might find the following links helpful:

If you do not hear back from Michael in a couple of days, please give him a call at 888-377-4575.

Best Regards --

RJ

0 Kudos