Select to view content in your preferred language

GeoEvent: Buffer processor from point

09-18-2023 04:51 AM
RobertoGSYS
Emerging Contributor

This is probably one of the simplest GIS tasks to do, but I am struggling to do it frrm GE Service.

My aims is to create a GE service from which it's possible to generate a buffer from a random point added directly to the feature service - practically from the map.

I created a Poll an ArcGIS Server for Features-input (previously created from Arcmap and shared it like a feature service) and I linked it with a Create Buffer Processor which is linked to an update feature Output (the 'empty' polygon feature service for the buffer was created previously from Arcmap too).

Now, when I add a point to the feature service into the map, the GE service starts running, both in input and output counter, but it doesn't create any buffer into the output feature service.

Has anyone else experienced this? Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @RobertoGSYS,

Does the WKID you have specified match the coordinate system of your output feature service?  Can you share the WKID you're using?

0 Kudos
RobertoGSYS
Emerging Contributor

Hi @JakeSkinner ,

thank you for your reply.

I'm making some progress and I was able to see the buffer, but the service crashed and I'm not able to fix it anymore. Like you supposed it was about the coordinate system.

I'm working with wgs84 web Mercator SR. So, like the Projected Coordinate System Tables suggested, into the buffer processor, I'm using the related WKID: 3857.

Trying to fix it again..

Then, I would like to make this generated buffer like a geofence and link to it an incidents detector too.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions?

0 Kudos