Select to view content in your preferred language

Two-way synchronization

09-20-2012 06:33 AM
AndrewMilanes
Occasional Contributor II
I'm using 10.1 server with sde database.  I successfully created a mobile project on my Trimble Juno 3D that will allow me to edit / collect features and automatically push the changes to the server.  These changes can be seen from my other applications connected to the database.  However, on the Trimble I can't figure out how to refresh changes to the database made elsewhere.  On the iOS app, it automatically refreshes the data every time you pan or zoom on the map.  I'd like the mobile app to perform similarly or auto-refresh every 10 minutes or so.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
PaulLohr
Regular Contributor
When you registered your layers as versioned, did you select the "move edits to base" option? It seems like I have seen problems when this option was selected. If it is easy to test, maybe try changing this setting one way or the other. Sorry for being vague - this is all I remember.

Are you looking at the featureServer service on both the iOS and the Windows device? As opposed to MapServer on one device and featureServer on the other?

Do the changes from the Trimble Juno show up if you put the featureServer service in an ArcGIS Explorer Online map? This might tell us if we have an issue on the client side or server side.

Best wishes,
Paul Lohr
0 Kudos
AndrewMilanes
Occasional Contributor II
When you registered your layers as versioned, did you select the "move edits to base" option? It seems like I have seen problems when this option was selected. If it is easy to test, maybe try changing this setting one way or the other. Sorry for being vague - this is all I remember.

Are you looking at the featureServer service on both the iOS and the Windows device? As opposed to MapServer on one device and featureServer on the other?

Do the changes from the Trimble Juno show up if you put the featureServer service in an ArcGIS Explorer Online map? This might tell us if we have an issue on the client side or server side.

Best wishes,
Paul Lohr

I have archiving enabled, so I do not have "move edits to base" checked.

Feature services on all applications (flex viewer, ios, mobile)

Yes, features collected on the juno show up on other applications, such as flex viewer, ios, etc.

Thanks
0 Kudos
NickDeMerchant
New Contributor
I'm using 10.1 server with sde database.  I successfully created a mobile project on my Trimble Juno 3D that will allow me to edit / collect features and automatically push the changes to the server.  These changes can be seen from my other applications connected to the database.  However, on the Trimble I can't figure out how to refresh changes to the database made elsewhere.  On the iOS app, it automatically refreshes the data every time you pan or zoom on the map.  I'd like the mobile app to perform similarly or auto-refresh every 10 minutes or so.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Andrew, did you resolve?  I am having some similar issues.  I would like to discuss with you if you can...

Nick
0 Kudos