ArcGIS Mobile on Topcon Reciever

01-17-2014 08:21 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: edsnyder2

I have a Topcon GRS-1 unit and I am having troubles connecting to the GPS. I read that I needed to have the eGPS utility to be able to use this, so I downloaded it. Still I keep getting errors. Does anyone have a solution to my problem?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: pobis

If you are using Topcon software Magnet or TopSurf (the testing version is enough), in this software is possibility to create virtual port as NMEA output. On ArcGIS mobile, in GPS Settings you must set GPS port on the virtual port you are created with proprietary baud rate.
Both programs must be running parallel. First you will run TopSurf, then you will press start key (longer time). After that you will run ArcGIS Mobile.
Hoping this will help you.
Ivan
0 Kudos
subman
by
New Contributor

I recently purchased a GRS-1 on eBay.  Can I connect to an RTK network using wi-fi and a hot-spot and completely bypass the modem?  I have been unable to connect to the gnss receiver in the GRS-1.  With the 3G shutdown, I can't get the modem to work, and no cell company will set up a new data account for a 3G device.  In addition, I can't find the IMIE number.  Appreciate any help

0 Kudos