Adding Basemap from ArcGIS Server

09-14-2012 06:51 AM
BradYork
New Contributor
Having a problem with adding my own Basemap from ArcGIS Server. I am using Mobile Project Centre 3.0.0. When adding Basemap from ArcGIS Server I get the following:

Error: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Thanks,

B York
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DeniseKing
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Brad,

Unfortunately it seems you are encountering NIM084108; Error: Given key was not present in the dictionary when attempting to add a basemap to ArcGIS Mobile 3.0. The Mobile team is actively investigating this issue and hopes to provide solution in the next update of the ArcGIS for Windows Mobile 3x application. Although not considered a workaround, Support has been able to get past this error following steps listed below (note that steps might not be viable for some users):
[INDENT]1. Stop all map services on the GIS Server
2. Start only the cached service to be used as a basemap
3. Clear the REST cache
4. Connect to a 'working' GIS Server to clear the state
5. Restart the mobile project center
6. Attempt to connect to your GIS Server.
[/INDENT]
Please advise whether above steps help in your particular situation or not. I encourage you to contact Esri Support and request to be added to NIM084108 for more accurate number of customers encountering this error.

Thank you,
Denise
0 Kudos
ShaunLam
New Contributor III
I only have this problem if I input the address wrong, the only address that works for me is this setup http://server name/arcgis/rest,
going less or more into the folder structure will give me the error.
0 Kudos
KyleMorgan
New Contributor III
I only have this problem if I input the address wrong, the only address that works for me is this setup http://server name/arcgis/rest,
going less or more into the folder structure will give me the error.

I also was able to get around this error by using the same URL structure as shlam.  It allowed me to drill down into the various folders I have my data sorted into.
0 Kudos