Trouble with the SharePoint 2013 installation.

10-16-2014 12:08 PM
MelissaCrowe
New Contributor

I am having trouble with the SharePoint 2013 installation.  All pre-requisites are installed.  We just migrated from SP2010 to 2013, but we are still in 2010 mode.  I installed this in SP2010 with no problems.

Here is what I get when I try to install on the 2013 server:

Feature with Id 'b432665a-07a6-4cc7-a687-3e1e03e92b9f' is not installed in this farm, and cannot be added to this scope.

***** SOLUTION DEPLOYMENT *****

TOF-SPP : http://intranet.fishers.in.us/ : The solution was successfully deployed.

TOF-SP13 : http://intranet.fishers.in.us/ : The solution was successfully deployed.

TOF-SPS13 : http://intranet.fishers.in.us/ : The solution was successfully deployed.

***** FEATURE ACTIVATION *****

***** ERROR *****

Feature with Id 'b432665a-07a6-4cc7-a687-3e1e03e92b9f' is not installed in this farm, and cannot be added to this scope.

ESRI.ArcGIS.Mapping.SharePoint.Installer.InstallException: Feature with Id 'b432665a-07a6-4cc7-a687-3e1e03e92b9f' is not installed in this
farm, and cannot be added to this scope. --->
System.InvalidOperationException: Feature with Id
'b432665a-07a6-4cc7-a687-3e1e03e92b9f' is not installed in this farm, and
cannot be added to this scope.

at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeatureCollection.AddInternalWithName(Guid featureId,
Int32 compatibilityLevel, String featureName, Version version,
SPFeaturePropertyCollection properties, SPFeatureActivateFlags activateFlags,
Boolean force, Boolean fMarkOnly, Boolean fIgnoreMissing,
SPFeatureDefinitionScope featdefScope)

at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeatureCollection.AddInternal(Guid featureId, Version
version, SPFeaturePropertyCollection properties, Boolean force, Boolean
fMarkOnly, SPFeatureDefinitionScope featdefScope)

at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeatureCollection.Add(Guid featureId, Boolean force)

at ESRI.ArcGIS.Mapping.SharePoint.Installer.InstallerControls.InstallProcessControl.ActivateSiteCollectionFeatureCommand.Execute()

--- End of inner
exception stack trace ---

at ESRI.ArcGIS.Mapping.SharePoint.Installer.InstallerControls.InstallProcessControl.ActivateSiteCollectionFeatureCommand.Execute()

at ESRI.ArcGIS.Mapping.SharePoint.Installer.InstallerControls.InstallProcessControl.TimerEventInstall(Object
myObject, EventArgs myEventArgs)

Does anyone have any ideas for me?

Thank you in advance.

Melissa

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
DaraBurlo
Esri Community Manager

Thanks for catching this. Our installer is failing on sites created with the 2010 template. I am able to reproduce this error and have submitted an issue.

Dara

Product Engineer

0 Kudos
MelissaCrowe
New Contributor

Is there an update on this issue being fixed? 

Thank you,

Melissa Crowe

0 Kudos
FabianRaygosa
New Contributor

Has this issue been fixed? Will it work in the 4.0 beta?

Please let us know.

Dara Burlo

0 Kudos
DaraBurlo
Esri Community Manager

We have yet to find a good solution for this issue. For the final version (coming Q2 2015), the 2013 installer will not allow you to install on 2010 templates.  However, you will be able to continue installing on site collections that are not using the 2010 template.

Dara

0 Kudos
FabianRaygosa
New Contributor

This is kind of a bummer for migrated systems. Our content dbs have been around since 2007 templates.

In the end we will just run off new 2013 site collections, but not offer to historically older sites.

0 Kudos