Site Workflows

05-22-2014 10:20 AM
drakefinley
New Contributor II
My question is there a way to set up the workflow to automatically login someone into ArcGIS Online? In others words when I bring up my sharepoint page with a web part attached via ArcGIS Online, the map is already showing and I don't have to continue to log into ArcGIS Online every time.

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
KatherineDalton
Esri Regular Contributor
Hello Drake,If you are using Esri Maps for SharePoint Beta 2, we currently have a mechanism by which you can "persist credentials" in the web part. This was designed for the initial logging in for the map, but it might also work for the Locate workflow (I haven't tested this, though). If not, let us know and we can add it as an enhancement request.Hope that helps,Katy
Katy Dalton | Technical Consultant
THE SCIENCE OF WHERE™
0 Kudos
drakefinley
New Contributor II
Hello Drake,If you are using Esri Maps for SharePoint Beta 2, we currently have a mechanism by which you can "persist credentials" in the web part. This was designed for the initial logging in for the map, but it might also work for the Locate workflow (I haven't tested this, though). If not, let us know and we can add it as an enhancement request.Hope that helps,Katy

We are using 3.0.  So im not sure if what you have said will help.  I thank you though.
0 Kudos
KatherineDalton
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Drake,

You're correct, we don't have that functionality in 3.0, only in 4.0 Beta and above.

As for your original question, no, there is no way to "pass through" credentials at this time, but that is something that is part of our issue backlog.

Katy
Katy Dalton | Technical Consultant
THE SCIENCE OF WHERE™
0 Kudos