Select to view content in your preferred language

Feature Layer Service and Map Layer Service Question

04-30-2014 07:45 AM
PraveenChetty
New Contributor
Hi All,

I have installed ESRI 5 on Cognos 10.2.1 intergration is working fine.

I am using feature service to add location and  map service to show map.

Steps to add maps from ArcGis

Add Data -> From ArcGIS -> Search for Layer(xxxxx) -> add the layer to map(this is a map service).

Steps to add from IBM Cognos

Add Data ->  Select the query from Cognos report -> i don't have the location type i am looking for, so I add location type, here i will select the feature layer which contains the location type and after add data from cognos, it error out.

It in map pop up it shows only data from feature service, cognos data is error out.

Any one faced the same? please let me know if you have a soution of this issue.
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JacobSummers
New Contributor
Good Morning Praveen,

Can you clarify what you mean by "errors out"?  Is an error message is displayed?  Does the map not display the layer? 

----------------

The most likely cause of this error is that the fields in your Cognos query don't match any of the fields on the feature service.  If this is the case, you will see a new layer appear in the Contents pane but you will not see any features on the map. 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33528[/ATTACH]

Under the layer you will see an error like: 5 of 5 failed, View Errors.  This means that there are 5 rows in your query and none of them were successfully joined to the map service. 

----------------

To troubleshoot you need to make sure that some of the fields in your Cognos query match the fields on the map service. 

To see the fields brought in from the Cognos query, click View Errors

To see the fields brought in from the feature service:

1. Add data from ArcGIS.

2. Select the feature service you are attempting to join to, press add.

3. Save the map.

4. Run the map in Cognos Connection.

5. Go to View selected records on the Feature layer:

6. [ATTACH=CONFIG]33529[/ATTACH]
  7. You should be able to view the fields returned from the map service:

8. [ATTACH=CONFIG]33530[/ATTACH]

Verify that some of the fields in the Cognos Query match some of the fields on the Feature Service.

Hopefully this helps,
Jake
0 Kudos
PraveenChetty
New Contributor
Thanks Jake

We have issue like 14 of 14 failed View Errors.

Looks like problem is with feature layer, when I create  the feature layer from My content as "Add Itea" -> then, Select on the web and URL and save and feature layer and Share to organization.

Then go to Cognos ESRI 5 desinger -> add data   ->  from IBM Cognos -> Select the query -> Add location(since I don't have location type I need) -> look for feature layer create in above step -> on selecting the feature layer gives the error "No layer information could be obtained" I struck there so i tried to create a layer from My Content add the feature layer and save the layer then go back to cognos, it give error 14 of 14 failed View Errors. No idea what is  going wrong.
0 Kudos
PraveenChetty
New Contributor
Hi All,

Any one got the solution to fix "No layer information could be obtained" issue.

I am adding the location then looking for location for feature layer I get "No layer information could be obtained".

Please let me know if anyone have/had same issue.

--Praveen
0 Kudos