Select to view content in your preferred language

Esri Maps for SharePoint Office 365 Support

05-03-2013 05:50 AM
AndyZimmerman
Emerging Contributor
Hello, my company is about to make the move to Office 365 but we currently have several active SharePoint sites that have the ArcGIS web part.  Will there be support for Office 365 at the v3.0 final release?

Thanks,
Andy Zimmerman
GIS Manager
EnSafe, Inc.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
MichaelMasterson
New Contributor
Hello, my company is about to make the move to Office 365 but we currently have several active SharePoint sites that have the ArcGIS web part.  Will there be support for Office 365 at the v3.0 final release?

Thanks,
Andy Zimmerman
GIS Manager
EnSafe, Inc.

Andy -

Did you ever find out if there is a O365 app?
0 Kudos
TonyHowser
Esri Contributor
Greetings!

We intend to support SharePoint Online for Office 365 with our JavaScript-based app architecture in a major release in 2013 or 2014. 

Many of our customers are looking to the Microsoft �??Cloud�?� (Office 365) to host their solutions because of the economic benefits associated with being able to offload the maintenance and administration of the platform; the ability to scale up or scale down as needed; the ability to access SharePoint Sites hosted on the infrastructure from a variety of supported platforms and hardware form factors; the benefit of having the latest SharePoint features and capabilities (and bug fixes) after each release without needing to upgrade hardware or software; and the increasing trust they have in the platform with numerous certifications and even a dedicated �??Cloud�?� solution with SharePoint Online for Office 365-Dedicated (which we will also support with some additional customer engagement).

As you can imagine, there are several feature requests which are compete for priority in our development backlog.  To "escalate" this particular request, I would recommend registering/logging your support for it at Ideas (http://ideas.arcgis.com) or through Esri Support (http://support.esri.com) by creating an enhancement request (which you can track).

Cheers and thanks for your questions!
Tony
0 Kudos
MichaelMasterson
New Contributor
Tony -

Thanks for the reply. I received a request to implement the 2010 solution from some of my GIS staff. Unfortunately, we are still on SP2007 and have only started investigating SP2013. I made the assumption that ESRI would be providing a 2013 solution for on prem environments but wanted to see if you were also considering the cloud (O365). It sounds like I just need to wait a little while as there is a solution in the works.
0 Kudos
AndyZimmerman
Emerging Contributor
Andy -

Did you ever find out if there is a O365 app?

I did not... no reply and no one seemed to know anything when i called.
0 Kudos