Esri Maps for Office

03-27-2013 09:23 AM
LoganCaraway
New Contributor II
Hello! Quick Question. I was thinking about implementing Esri for excel into a weekly report I send out to various people. If I wanted to share the report would they need to have an Esri for Office subscription too? Would that mean more Licenses would have to be purchased?

Much Appreciated!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ScottBall
Esri Regular Contributor
Hello! Quick Question. I was thinking about implementing Esri for excel into a weekly report I send out to various people. If I wanted to share the report would they need to have an Esri for Office subscription too? Would that mean more Licenses would have to be purchased?

Much Appreciated!

Hello -

Thanks for the question! You have several options to share Esri Maps from Excel. If you send a report with a map and the person on the receiving end doesn't have Esri Maps for Office, they will see a non-interactive, static image of the map. This may be ok for what you need.

If the person on the receiving end has Maps for Office installed, but doesn't have an ArcGIS Online Organizational account (or isn't signed in), they will be able to interact with the map by panning, zooming, and clicking on features to look at popups. They will not be able to use features that consume credits such as geoenrichment, popup infographics, or geocoding.

Finally, if the person on the receiving end does have an ArcGIS Online Organizational account with sufficient credits (and is signed in), they will have the full capabilities of Esri Maps for Office. In this case it would probably be easiest to share/distribute the map using the built-in sharing tools (Share Map, Share Layer) in Maps for Office.

Hope this helped!
Scott
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: Lcaraway34

Thanks! this was very helpful!
0 Kudos