Select to view content in your preferred language

Change log and updates (January, 2024)- ArcGIS for SharePoint- v 2024.1.2.1666

01-24-2024 04:17 PM
AdeyinkaAdekunle
Esri Contributor
3 0 498

Happy 2024 SharePoint Users! We have added some enhancements and fixed some bugs in the latest release of ArcGIS for SharePoint for January 2024. To experience the new improvements, ensure you have the latest version of ArcGIS for SharePoint installed from the Microsoft App source.

Let us know of any improvements, suggestions, and limitations you may have while using ArcGIS for SharePoint.

Quality of life updates

• Images uploaded to any column in a SharePoint document library show as thumbnails in web part or “edit locations” Popup. 

Before this update, image thumbnails are displayed in pop ups if the image was uploaded using the SharePoint "image" type column. With this enhancement, the image files uploaded to any "default" column type in a SharePoint document library can be displayed as thumbnails in the ArcGIS web part and "Edit locations" popup.

AdeyinkaAdekunle_0-1706141733120.png

Bug Fixes

• Geosearch now works in view mode.
  • Edit locations now show the longitude and latitude in the drop-down.
  • The following error message has been removed "at least one visible feature layer must be present in the map before documents can be geotagged" when a SP list layer is present.
  • When Demographic privileges are disabled, it is no longer possible to access Premium Demographic layers.
  • When MFA is enabled, you will be redirected to the sign in page before analysis features are accessible.
  • The layer option button is now enabled for anonymous users after a layer is added.
  • Permissions have been updated when using Share to My organization/My groups ArcGIS Online folder when using certain ArcGIS Online roles: Public (Everyone)/My Organization/My Groups option is now disabled in Share pane when account role does not have "Share with public/My Organization/My Groups" privilege.

Useful links and Resources

Blog posts and Updates

EXIF data in SharePoint Online