ArcGIS Maps for Office missing functionality

07-15-2020 10:40 AM
Joshua-Young
Occasional Contributor III

I am using ArcGIS Maps for Office 2020.1.1 with an ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8 connection. I get a warning every time I login to the addin in Excel that says "Functionality such as the following will not be available due to the configuration of your ArcGIS Server: Select features by drawing a rectangle, Find near selection". The odd thing is both of those features work as expected.

I am using the latest version of ArcGIS Maps for Office as of July 15, 2020 both on my computer and the Portal components. Our Portal has a geocoding service running and the geometry service is running. I only have one ArcGIS Server and it is our federated hosting server. I have validated the federation and it is good.

How do I get that warning to go away? I am assuming it is a bug since I have not been able to find functionality that is not working.

"Not all those who wander are lost" ~ Tolkien
4 Replies
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Joshua Young

Im my experience, this issue usually occurs when the Portal Resources were not upgraded after Maps for Office was upgraded. This should not negatively impact performance, but I would start by ensuring that you have the latest version to resolve this error.

Jon

Keep on keeping on!
DianeMcGuerty1
New Contributor II

I have just installed maps for office on our staging server 10.8.1. I am getting the same warning error as above but have no idea where the configuration on the server would need to be changed. Any clue??

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Diane,

This error message suggests that the Geometry Service in your ArcGIS Enterprise - ArcGIS Server component is not accessible to ArcGIS Maps for Office. I would check to see if it's running.

Please ask your ArcGIS Enterprise admin to login to ArcGIS Server Manager > Services > Utilities folder and verify if the Geometry Service is running.

Hope this helps,

Thorbjoern_DK
New Contributor

I'm getting the same warning, but I'm not working on Enterprise Portal but ArcGIS Online Organisation. I would think that ESRI continuosly makes sure that AGOL is correct equippet for this purpose?

0 Kudos