Select to view content in your preferred language

Site Scan Flight quickmap

Jump to solution
08-30-2023 02:54 AM
Pål_Herman_Sund
Occasional Contributor III

Hi - I got a question about the Quickmap option in Site Scan Flight from a forestry client - who expect they will "often" be in areas with no cellphone coverage and possibly without offline map areas prepared upfront.. They are looking at the quickmap option. From the help doc in ArcGIS Online

Pl_Herman_Sund_0-1693389056266.png

Currently I am without and iPad and can't test, and client is struggling. Anyone have a link to a video or demonstration of this feature/functionality?

Thanks 🙂

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeremiahJohnson_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hello!

I've screen-captured doing a QuickMap with some data I've collected before on my iPad:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEOlXCuTf1s

For QuickMap to work properly, all images must be taken nadir (pointed straight down). QuickMap also works best for flights that are relatively high. Usually between 100 and 120 meters above ground.

Once the QuickMap has been created, it can be toggled on when planning a flight by going into the "Overlays" tab and selecting "QuickMap". I've shown this in the video too.

View solution in original post

Walkthrough of creating a QuickMap in Site Scan Flight app
2 Replies
JeremiahJohnson_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hello!

I've screen-captured doing a QuickMap with some data I've collected before on my iPad:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEOlXCuTf1s

For QuickMap to work properly, all images must be taken nadir (pointed straight down). QuickMap also works best for flights that are relatively high. Usually between 100 and 120 meters above ground.

Once the QuickMap has been created, it can be toggled on when planning a flight by going into the "Overlays" tab and selecting "QuickMap". I've shown this in the video too.

Walkthrough of creating a QuickMap in Site Scan Flight app
Pål_Herman_Sund
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks @JeremiahJohnson_Esri that was really helpful. best pH 

0 Kudos