Using smart forms for data entry and attribute editing in Map Viewer

06-15-2022 02:43 PM
ShadSan
New Contributor II

I know we can author smart forms for editable layers in Map Viewer now. Is there a way to access the form in Map Viewer or other web-based environment for data entry and attribute editing?  Or the only way to use the form is through Field Maps mobile app?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
GarethBaker1
Occasional Contributor III

At the ESRI UK conference in May this year one of the speakers mentioned that the smart form capabilities for a map would be available to make use of in Experience Builder at some point. I have no idea of the timescales of this but perhaps someone from ESRI can provide more details?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

In Map Viewer, when you edit or create features, it automatically uses the form if one was configured. This also applies for Experience builder. Both apps use the FeatureForm JS API Widget for editing, which supports forms.

0 Kudos
ShadSan
New Contributor II

Thank you. 

I have created a form for my related table and I want to be able to edit the related table or add new record to it in Map Viewer or Experience Builder app. But it seems that I can't access my related table form. 

ArmstKP
Occasional Contributor III

@ShadSan Correct.  Related table actions are REALLY limited right now in the new map viewer and Experience Builder.  This makes it really difficult for our organization as well.

0 Kudos
PaulPetersen1
Occasional Contributor

In general, I'm loving the new map viewer, but not having workflows to add/edit to related tables is a big deal for us too. Relational data structures are a cornerstone of GIS...hoping this get addressed in a near-future update.

0 Kudos