Select to view content in your preferred language

Offline Map Sync Failure: Null Pointer

04-10-2024 04:30 PM
Sean_Perks
New Contributor II

Field Maps Version:  24.1.1 build 1059

I have an offline map with two polygons I created on ArcGIS online and configured the form in FieldMaps.

Each polygon contains equivalent fields and both are sync enabled.

The map is downloaded on my iPhone. I create two offline polygons (one each).

One of the polygons sync, the other sync fails with the error: Null Pointer.

Logs:

4/10/24, 3:53 PM [788a33ce-d47b-43a3-923c-d05aae3e884a] - Layer: (Violet Plot) Error: Error Domain=com.esri.arcgis.runtime.error Code=1 "Null pointer." UserInfo={NSLocalizedFailureReason=, NSLocalizedDescription=Null pointer., Additional Message=}

4/10/24, 3:53 PM [788a33ce-d47b-43a3-923c-d05aae3e884a] - Message 18/21: Layer result: Sync failed. Name: Violet Plot, LayerID: 0, TableName: violet_plot, URL: https://services1.arcgis.com/gGHDlz6USftL5Pau/arcgis/rest/services/violet_plot/FeatureServer/0 Job error 1 Null pointer.

Home

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Sean_Perks
New Contributor II

I should add, I have had this problem before when it says that sync fails. Usually I can still see the failed features on the online map. This is not the case with this bug, only one polygon will show up on the online map.

0 Kudos
Sean_Perks
New Contributor II

I might have just figured it out. I recreated the failed sync polygon and this time I enabled sync from Field Maps Designer instead of AGOL.

The first polygon where sync works was enabled from Field Maps Designer originally and not in the layer settings on AGOL.

I believe for the one that was failing I enabled sync from AGOL after I created it and before I configured the forms in Field Maps Designer.

This was super frustrating so if anyone can explain why this is the case I would be grateful!

0 Kudos
mschmidty
New Contributor

I'm having the same problem and have no idea why it is happening. 

0 Kudos