Select to view content in your preferred language

Multiple forms

02-02-2024 12:47 PM
JG_Powhatan
New Contributor II

I created  a smart form from one of my web services which is our fire hydrant inventory. I designed a set of questions from the fields for the users to fill when out doing field inspections.

Now, I am doing I'd like to create a second form from that same web service which would cover the flow tests. So I create a new web map, using the same hydrant inventory.  I go into Field Maps Designer, and pull that new web map. 

I see the Form Builder, and it shows the configuration of the previous form I created. I tried deleting the entries in the form, but was unable to save the changes. The new form I would like to create contains a few questions from fields used in the first form, as well as new fields that were not included in the first form.

Should I have made a copy of the hydrant inventory layer in order to create the new form, and then save it onto the new map? I'd have thought I could create a new form when in a new web map, and still be able to use the same layer for this new form, but apparently, it doesn't seem to be the case. Or am I approaching the task of creating Smart Forms all wrong? 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

AGOL now allows you to save the form configuration to the layer itself, or to the map.  It sounds like your configuration is saved in the layer...

If you want to use the same layer in different maps with different forms, you should choose the save to map option.  If there are forms saved to the layer, it will pre-load them when adding to a new map.  However, you can edit/modify the form(s) and save to the map itself, and will not interfere with other maps/forms using the same data (unless you are using the save to layer option).

RhettZufelt_0-1707167107428.png

R_