Select to view content in your preferred language

How to do Spatial Queries in Field Maps in Portal

08-29-2024 07:33 AM
HenriettaK
Emerging Contributor

Hello ESRI Community!

I am currently working on a project where I am designing a field map in Portal (10.9.1). The layer that I am trying to configure the form for was created from a Survey 123. There is a field in the form called "FSA" that I configured in the survey to be populated based on a polygon area, so the field will be filled out based on what FSA the point falls within. I am trying to do the same thing in the Field Map to have the FSA field auto-fill, but am running into issues. None of the FeatureSet functions are available, which I want to use to do the calculation, and the only expressions I can write are for conditional visibility. 

HenriettaK_0-1724941812008.png

Is there any way to do this calculation to populate the polygon name that contains the point within the FSA field?

Additionally, on the survey, I am able to reverse geocode the point address into a "Service Address" field, so the technicians don't need to manually enter their address. Is there a way to do this in Field Maps? I am still learning Field Maps and need a little bit of help! Thanks so much and please help if you can!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
IngridHogle
Frequent Contributor

I've found this blog post very helpful for these kinds of things: https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/field-maps/field-mobility/common-calculated-expressions-fo...

0 Kudos
HenriettaK
Emerging Contributor

Hi Ingrid,

Thank you for that suggestion! However, for some reason in Field maps, the FeatureSet functions are unavailable, so these calculations will not work. Would you know why certain functions are unavailable or another way around that? Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
IngridHogle
Frequent Contributor

Sorry to hear it's not working! I have noticed some pretty significant differences in Arcade functionality between ArcGIS online (AGOL) versus older versions of Enterprise. If you have the ability to reference your Enterprise data in Map Viewer via AGOL and test your Arcade expressions there, that could be helpful. 

0 Kudos