Select to view content in your preferred language

GNSS and Field Maps setting into metadata

05-09-2024 10:55 AM
CPHSDnelson
New Contributor II

I am not sure if this is the correct community to post this question but I thought I would start here. 

Is there anyway to have the settings from the GNSS and Field Maps populate into the metadata.  The other day I noticed settings were changed when a new field member was using the GNSS.  We are currently using an Arrow 100+ GNSS.  Within the GNSS settings you set up a profile that includes antenna height, GNSS coordinate system and map coordinate system.  Having those settings along with the field maps location profile populated into attribute fields would be a huge help to verify how the data was collected. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @CPHSDnelson ,

The "Source Type" and "Receiver Name" fields exist in the metadata schema and can indicate what device is being used to generate that location. The Provider and Location Profile are also displayed in the GPS details in the app but the current Location Profile is not an existing Metadata Field. The team is exploring methods to define Web Map settings via Field Maps Designer that could potentially restrict usage to certain Profiles or Providers on a per map basis, for example. Currently in Designer you can set required accuracy and require a Fix Type which could catch if a Field Worker was not connected to their Arrow receiver, for example. Not exactly what you are looking for at this time but hopefully this helps. 

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos