Field Maps Feature Tiling Disabled

03-24-2021 01:38 PM
Chattahoochee_-_OconeeNational
New Contributor II

Good afternoon,

Field Maps continues to fail to download offline areas and I have it isolated to a single feature. The project was working fine until today when I updated information and I had also updated some names to reflect the changes. I have tried disabling sync and editing, and the problem persists. Before this, the project worked fine. No field were changed but several domains were updated and the project title updated. I've attached the link to the item and any ideas. The item works fine online and can be added into Pro without issues. This is inhibiting field work at the moment until its resolved.

https://services1.arcgis.com/gGHDlz6USftL5Pau/arcgis/rest/services/Chattahoochee_Oconee_Hemlock_Cons...

23 Replies
JoAnnaOConnell
New Contributor

Super interesting. I found that the sync issue is with lines and polygons! I deleted those features from my collection and single poits sync just fine. I still don't know what the resolution would be. I am having the exact same problem and landed myself here, but that is the little bit of information that I've found.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

We had an offline map on a device that had been working for several weeks. Now the app kicks you out when you submit an edit to the offline map (android). This doesn't seem to happen in iOS. The only thing the logs says is "Feature tiling disabled".

Problem: Submitting an edit, kicks you out of the FieldMaps app. The edit is saved on the local device because when I reopen the offline area it is there.

We've tried:

1. Downloading offline area to multiple devices (androids)

2. We've re-downloading the offline map areas multiple times

3. Tried downloading the map in Collector and Collector does the same thing.

4. Tried downloading on iphone and the applications don't kick you off after an edit. 

Anyone have ideas?

0 Kudos
RonaldHealey
New Contributor

Our work around was to make the offline area smaller... We took one large offline area and split it into 2! No other changes in field maps was required (we still have a days worth of data unsynced in the "large" offline area, however)

0 Kudos
NathanBartosek
New Contributor

This is a very silly limitation to be honest. Devices these days have enough space to download massive datasets with no issue. If I have 500GB of space I should be able to download whatever I need to fit. I don't need or want ESRI telling me what size file to download. 

0 Kudos