Created Smart Forms for Layers and Tables causes submit button to gray out in ArcGIS Field Maps

02-25-2021 06:26 AM
CarlVricella
New Contributor III

For some reason if you configure a smart form for a layer or table on an editable layer, the submit button will be grayed out and you can't actually submit the form when using Field Maps...if you just use the regular pop-up it all works fine, but as soon as you do a smart form it the button will be grayed out. 

I know all my layers are configured properly so I'm certain this is a bug unless I'm missing something, anyone else have an issue with this? 

Tags (1)
14 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

We have identified a bug based on the provided maps. The issue only occurs if the layer does not allow geometry edits. We have a fix and it will be available with our next release at the end of the month. @DominicRoberge2  @JimW  thanks for providing your maps - I validated our fix against them; you can un-share them with us now.

SahadebDe1
New Contributor

Thanks Aaron. What about the other bug - 'When edit multiple, the conditional visibility is not honored'? Will that be fixed as well?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

As of right now Edit Multiple does not use the smart form. This is by design for now; but is something we may consider for a future release (not the upcoming one). Could you explain how you'd use this?

0 Kudos
SahadebDe1
New Contributor

The same as you would do for single edit (not add - update).

I can give you a specific use case that we were looking for multiple edit to do.

This is for an Electric Utility - Vegetation Management. They contract out the Tree Trimming part to external vendor. The vendor will charge the Utility based on individual lines rate (based on Trim Type). However, the trim type is very complicated and based on combination of 5 different fields - Unit (line or brush clearing), Class (Mechanical, Bucket, etc.), side (for example, 1 side or both sides) Chip vs. No chip, etc. Moreover, the values they will enter for a later field will be based on the former value the had selected. For example, If they select Brush clearing, there is no chip or no chip option. So we will hide that field.

Before the start trimming for the year, the Utility employee (usually a Forester) will select existing line and enter these values in 5 different fields to come up with a rate for that line. Now, if a Forester select 1 line at a time and enter these 5 fields, it will take him/her way longer time than if he/she has the opportunity to select multiple.

0 Kudos
SahadebDe1
New Contributor

I had the same problem today. Didn't notice this thread - hence created a new one. To add to this problem - even if I configured smart forms (resulting in greyed out submit button) - the Edit Multiple is not honoring it (displaying everything) and thus with an active 'Submit' button. So, this 'Smart Form' is sure the reason behind a greyed out submit button.

0 Kudos