Select to view content in your preferred language

Create offline area - Can't create as a polygon. Only rectangle works.

08-09-2024 02:37 AM
elpinguino
Frequent Contributor

Hi there,

I've come across this issue in the last couple of months. It has come and gone once or two times. I don't know what I've done differently to make it work/not work other than come back a week later to try again.

I went into an existing Field Maps (that already has offline areas created using the polygon tool), but when I went to click on it to create a new offline area (as a polygon, not rectangle), I could see and click on the option to create the areas as a polygon, but when I click on it nothing happens. I'm not able to draw in the polygon. When I click on the rectangle option I am able to create an offline area.

elpinguino_0-1723196247200.png

I have asked our local ESRI support office. They were able to replicate it in my map, but not in any new ones and haven't heard of this issue elsewhere.

I can't think of anything I'm doing different to anyone else except for I'm working in a different time zone than the client at the moment.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
elpinguino
Frequent Contributor

In addition you'll notice we are trying to fit the offline area to match the farm boundary. The map looks a bit hectic with all the points and tracklogs showing. It would be great if we could turn layers on/off during the offline area creation phase.

0 Kudos