Copy All (into another layer) not working on iOS

11-16-2022 08:45 AM
PaulPetersen1
Occasional Contributor

I'm trying to use Copy All to copy both geometry and attributes from one layer to another. Works great on Android, but does not seem to work on iOS...copies the geometry, but none of the attributes. Is this a known limitation on iOS??

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
KevinBurke
Esri Contributor

Hi @PaulPetersen1 

Thank you for sharing that information.

Which version of Field Maps are you working with? 

Is this a recent issue you've encountered on iOS using this same data due to a recent app update?

If needed, would you be able to share a map/data with us to test with on our end?

Thank you.

-Kevin

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

On our iPhones and iPads it seems to be working as expected.  The fields need to be exactly the same in each dataset.

I only have one common field (Notes) for testing, but CopyAll put new feature in that location and copies the info from the only matching field.

R_

0 Kudos
PaulPetersen1
Occasional Contributor

@KevinBurke , I'm using v.22.4.0 on both Android and iOS. Both layers have the same fields. It's the first time I've tried using the feature, so can't relate it to an update.

Strangely, the functionality works in iOS if I just copy the attributes and create a new geometry, but fails if I try to copy both geometry and attributes.

Unfortunately I cannot share the app on this board.

0 Kudos
KevinBurke
Esri Contributor

@PaulPetersen1 would it be easier for us to work together via email and potentially share data that way? If so, my email is kburke@esri.com

Even if you cannot share the data, perhaps a video of the issue happening on the iOS device?

Thank you

-Kevin

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

Maybe this is one of those issues resolved by un-installing the App and re-install???

I have 22.4.0 on my iPhone and have a hosted feature layer with two point fc's in it.  I just added several fields so they both have them in common (some with domains in the original, some without).  The CopyAll is snapping me to the copied point, and populating the common fields with the data entered.  Even switch and combo box fields are being populated.

I have some conditional visiblility statements in there but NO calculated expressions if that makes a difference.

R_

0 Kudos
PaulPetersen1
Occasional Contributor

@KevinBurke , I actually got it "fixed". For some reason, the editing template attribute was not copying over from the source to the target on iOS (even though they share the schema field names and domains). That was blowing everything up, as that attribute drove hide/show functionality on the rest of the form groups. I ended up just defaulting/hard-coding that particular attribute in the target layer, and then things started working a bit better. However, it was still not copying over other attributes that were not contained on the smartform. So the last step was to create another group of non-editable attributes at the bottom of the smartform (not-expanded by default)...simply to "receive" these other attributes. Now it working fine.

I will still note that I had to do neither of these steps on Android...everything just copied over perfectly on the first try, without these modifications. I think this is one of those shrug my shoulders and move on kind of things.

KevinBurke
Esri Contributor

Thank you for that explanation @PaulPetersen1 and I am glad you got it working on iOS. That is certainly a strange issue and I am definitely curious why you had to do that. Therefore if at all possible using schema only test data if you are able to share that use-case with me via my email, that would be great so that I could dive into that deeper. 

0 Kudos