Select to view content in your preferred language

Area Calculation - Polygon Pop-Ups

05-02-2023 02:30 PM
chill_gis_dude
New Contributor III
Has anyone figured out a way to remove the area calculation that is automatically generated on Field maps when clicking on polygon pop-ups? I've attached a screenshot that shows the issue, but I believe ESRI has built into the field maps app an area calculation that I can't figure out how to get rid of. I also noticed that if the polygon is over 1,000 acres it converts it to sq miles. This leads to a lot of confusion for our older clients.
3 Replies
PaulLohr
Regular Contributor

I don't know the answer but here's something to consider. Have you tried switching to "A custom attribute display" with the MapViewer Classic pop-up settings or using Form Builder in Map Viewer?

I agree with you about the default area being displayed in Field Maps. Many times it is not helpful.

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

And with points, it shows coordinate, and lines it shows length.

Been looking for a way to get rid of that for some time, no luck.  Would be nice to be able to configure a popup to only show the info you want it to in Field Maps (like in both map viewers).

R_

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

never noticed this feature before but I do see it in one of my Field Maps apps now. Curious to see if anyone has a solution.

0 Kudos