Select to view content in your preferred language

AGOL Field Maps Forms Causes Combo box options to not load

786
5
08-11-2023 07:00 AM
TravisColeHC
New Contributor II

I set up a field maps project several years ago and it was working great until a month or so ago. The information is linked from our Portal to AGOL and then used in field maps to collect field data. The process worked fine until recently we had a complaint that when using Android devices the options would no longer show up in a certain field after the point or polygon was created. So when trying to edit an existing feature or copying attributes, the domain list is no longer generating. There are other domains/combo box fields in the form and they work fine, but suddenly this specific one stopped working. After lots of republishing and troubleshooting, it looks like it has something to do with the forms. When the field isn't added to a form and just collected in the raw it works fine. When added to a form, with formatting or no formatting, it no longer works properly. If I make the options radio buttons it also works, but I don't want to have 50 radio buttons instead of a dropdown.

It works perfectly fine on an IOS device still. And this all worked great on any device up until sometime in the last month or two. 

I have attached the options when not added to the forms and when added to the forms.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
TravisColeHC
New Contributor II

To add more information on the steps I have tried. I have republished a number of ways. I have tried individually connecting the layers vs all of them in one bunch of five. I have tried editing in map viewer and that works fine. I have tried to make sure there were no errors in the symbology, pop-ups, and templates (in Pro). I have created a whole new web map. I have tried starting from scratch with forms and removing all formatting from the features in Map Viewer...IE no expressions, no forms, no additional pop-up settings. The pop-ups are basic and field based, just displaying the input in the field.

0 Kudos
KerriRasmussen
Esri Contributor

Hi Travis,


Good afternoon. I'm sorry you are running into this issue with ArcGIS Field Maps. I have a few questions for you that could help us with troubleshooting your issue.
What version of Field Maps are you using and what is the make/model of your Android devices?
Also, can you confirm this is only happening with existing feature and not when you are creating a new feature or is it both?
You stated this is the only field this is happening with; do you have any other fields with 50+ items in the domain?
When your republished, did you delete the existing data then publish or did you republish over the existing data?
And lastly, have you updated or made any changes to the devices recently?


Kerri

0 Kudos
TravisColeHC
New Contributor II

Kerri,

Sorry, I am just getting around to seeing this. 

We have done a lot more testing since I posted this.

I am using Field Maps version 23.2.1 Build 1444 on a Google Pixel 6A running Android 13. It works fine on several different Apple iPhones and iPads even using the collector app instead of field maps.

The issue does not happen when new features are created. The full list is populated. When I edit or copy attributes the domain list is no longer populated.

It is an invasive species project and we collect both points and polygons. Both fields have different domains with a large number of options in each, but they do differ some. Neither of them populate after the initial creation of the feature and act similarly in when the work and don't work.

I have tried republishing over the existing feature layer and a totally new one, but neither work as soon as the fields are added into a form. If the fields aren't added to a form, the field populates just fine. Also if the option to use a radio buttons instead of a combo box is used. It works just fine. But that isn't practical for the number of options we have. I looked through the values that have been entered and cleaned up any that didn't match the domain, but that didn't make any difference.

I did not make or change anything on my device. It probably is a newer version of Android than previously used, but I can't make the distinction of it working and not working before and after that. This has occurred from other android users on the project as well and I don't have specifics on their devices, but they are using the newest Field Maps version that I indicated.

0 Kudos
TravisColeHC
New Contributor II

I FINALLY fixed it after months of trying. I copied the domains the fields were using and pasted them back into the geodatabase as a copy and then changed the domain to the new copy and republished. It seems to be functioning correctly so far.

0 Kudos
KerriRasmussen
Esri Contributor

I'm happy to hear you were able to get it working again by copying and republishing the domains. Have a great day!

0 Kudos