Layer Search not working

07-20-2017 01:10 AM
OwainCatton
New Contributor III

Since the latest release 17.1.0(1755) of Explorer for ArcGIS on OS the ability to search by a layer within the app does not work.

We have 3 layers set under the map settings;

Layer Settings

Via the browser this still works giving results but on the devices just results from the Esri Geocoder.

Owain

0 Kudos
16 Replies
MikeDahm
Occasional Contributor

We are also seeing the same thing along with many other problems.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Owain and Mike,

How are you creating your Web Map (Online, Desktop, Pro)? and what types of layer's are you seeing this problem occur with (Feature Services, Map Services, etc.)? I'd like to understand this issue so we can get it addressed. I have been unable to reproduce thus far.

Thanks,

Joel

OwainCatton
New Contributor III

Morning Joel,

The maps are created online in our ArcGIS Online account, they reference layers we have published to our ArcGIS server. The layers are added to the maps vis the Add->From Web option and point directly at the layer not the map service, i.e. http://gwonline.gov.gg/arcgis/rest/services/Water/gwWaterFittings/MapServer/0

The search still works on iPads which have not been upgraded.

Explorer for ArcGIS (10.2.8)

Explorer for ArcGIS (17.1.0)

We also have no information appearing when you have a map popup for the same layers.

Browser

iPad

Owain.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Owain,

I apologize for the delayed response. We have been working hard to resolve as many issues with 17.1.0 as possible. With that said, we will coming out with an update early next week that I expect to resolve the issues you describe. I verified that I'm able to search on and view all of the information in the service above. I hope that you can verify this on your end when we release the update.

Thanks,

Joel

OwainCatton
New Contributor III

Hi Joel,

I will look out for the update early next week and report back.

Owain

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Owain,

Are you part of the Beta program? If you're interested, shoot an email to Explorer4ArcGIS@esri.com to request an invitation to TestFlight (Apple's beta testing mechanism) from the email associated with your Apple device. I expect the version currently on TestFlight will resolve your issues. Otherwise, it would be good to get that feedback so we can debug further!

Thanks,

Joel

OwainCatton
New Contributor III

Morning Joel,

I have got the Beta version now and testing now. Shall I post here the feedback here?

Owain

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey OCatton‌,

Just wanted to circle back and check in with you. Were you able to verify whether the latest update (17.1.2.) resolved your search issue?

Joel

OwainCatton
New Contributor III

The searching of layers is now working in correctly on 17.1.2, we had to make some changes to the Webmaps to fix issues with domain codes being displayed instead of domain descriptions.