Layer not visible in Explorer when editor tracking is enabled

Jump to solution
10-30-2019 08:21 AM
RémyGourrat
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am new to Explorer for ArcGIS and I am creating my first mobile map. The data is in an enterprise geodatabase.

I create a .mmpk file with ArcGIS Pro and then I copy it to my smartphone and load it in Explorer.

My map contains a layer from a Point feature class. When Editor tracking is enabled on the feature class (which is what I need), the layer is not displayed in Explorer and in the list of layers, "no data" is displayed for this layer.

If I disable Editor tracking, the layer is displayed.

Note: I need Editor tracking on this feature class because I use it also in Collector.

Software used:

ArcGIS Pro 2.4.2

ArcGIS Explorer 18.1.0 for Android

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisDunn1
Esri Contributor

Hi Rémy,

Well I have good news and bad news. So far we have not been able to determine exactly why the layer is not showing up. However, I tested your map in the new version of Explorer on Android and it works. The new version is currently under development and we expect to have a Beta version available to test by the end of the year - are you interested in joining the open beta program so you can use the new version as soon as it's available?

In the meantime, we do think the issue may have to do with how the older version of the runtime Explorer 18.1 is built on handles specific field names, so the simplest workaround may just be to export the feature class to a local file geodatabase and use the local copy in the mobile map package. If you can try that an it does not work we'll try to come up with a different solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RémyGourrat
New Contributor III

Hi!

Nobody answers to my question, may be I was not clear.

I am creating a mobile map to use it in Explorer for ArcGIS and this map contains a layer from a feature class with editor tracking enabled. This layer is not displayed in Explorer (it is displayed if I disable editor tracking but I don't want to).

Is this a bug ? Or something that is not supported by Explorer for ArcGIS ? Or did I miss something somewhere?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
ChrisDunn1
Esri Contributor

Hi Rémy,

Can you share a little more detail about your workflow? Did you take a hosted feature layer, enable editor tracking, and then bring it in to Pro and package the mmpk? If you can share the mmpk with us (feel free to e-mail it to cdunn@esri.com if you are able). That will be the best way for us to assess what you are seeing.

Chris

0 Kudos
RémyGourrat
New Contributor III

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your answer.

The feature class is in an enterprise geodatabase (PostgreSQL 9.5) and editor tracking is enabled on this feature class (using the timezone of database). I created a map in ArcGIS Pro using these feature class and then I packaged a mmpk.

I sent you the two mmpk files via WeTransfer (the one that is OK and the one that is not).

0 Kudos
ChrisDunn1
Esri Contributor

Hi Rémy,

Well I have good news and bad news. So far we have not been able to determine exactly why the layer is not showing up. However, I tested your map in the new version of Explorer on Android and it works. The new version is currently under development and we expect to have a Beta version available to test by the end of the year - are you interested in joining the open beta program so you can use the new version as soon as it's available?

In the meantime, we do think the issue may have to do with how the older version of the runtime Explorer 18.1 is built on handles specific field names, so the simplest workaround may just be to export the feature class to a local file geodatabase and use the local copy in the mobile map package. If you can try that an it does not work we'll try to come up with a different solution.

0 Kudos
RémyGourrat
New Contributor III

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your answer.

Yes, for the moment I have applied the workaround you suggests and it works.

I'm interested in testing the beta of the new version of Explorer, what must I do to join the open beta program?

0 Kudos
ChrisDunn1
Esri Contributor

Hi Rémy,

Just send an e-mail to Explorer4ArcGIS@esri.com and ask to be added to the Android beta and we'll let you know when it is available.

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos