Select to view content in your preferred language

Is ArcGIS for iOS orphaned?

Jump to solution
11-19-2014 08:29 AM
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

I ask because a.) the app has not been optimized for iPhone 6/6+  and b.) I am no longer able to access my ArcGIS personal account maps through the app. It asks for authentication information but, after supplying my username & password, it returns an error dialog:

Connection Failed

Error loading maps:

Error Domain=NSURLErrorDomainCode=-1002 "unsupported URL" UserInfo=0x145349b0 {NSErrorFailingURLStringKey=(null)/content/allItems?f=json&type=Web%20Map,NSLocalizedDescription=unsupported URL, NSUnderlyingError=0x14537d80 "unsupported URL"}"

I'm using an iPhone 6+ running 8.0.2

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

I was able to start ArcGIS for IOS, sign in and open my maps on an IPhone 6+  version 8.1.1

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

I was able to start ArcGIS for IOS, sign in and open my maps on an IPhone 6+  version 8.1.1

SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, Mark. I should have done this BEFORE posing but, I logged out and logged back in inside the app and now everything is ok.

I suspect my upgrade process from my old 4S to the 6+ is to blame. I made a full backup of the 4S and then restored it to my 6+ which was great for not having to re-download all my apps but maybe that broke my logged in status within the app.

Anyways, all is well. Thanks!

0 Kudos