Directions with Explorer on Android?

Jump to solution
10-17-2018 06:35 AM
ChrisYoung4
New Contributor II

OK, so I have a web map that is able to be viewed in the mobile ESRI app Explorer. On iPhones/Apple devices I can click on the feature scroll down to the bottom of the attributes and I have the ability to get directions from whichever software I choose ie. google maps, waze, apple maps; as far as android I do not have that capability of generating directions.

My question is, is it possible to get directions on android? if so am I missing a setting on the android device?

app build: 18.1.0

Adndroid Software: G955USQ55CR14

14 Replies
APaulsen
Occasional Contributor

Brent,

Any update on this?  We would like to participate in the Beta if possible.  We have half iOS and half Android devices and a pain to carry Navigator for one and not the other.

Andrew

0 Kudos
AaronKoelker
Occasional Contributor III

I can't speak for iOS, but the new beta version of Explorer is available in the Android Play Store now, and allows for navigating with both Google Maps and ArcGIS Navigator. Tested both and it worked smooth.

-Aaron
0 Kudos
APaulsen
Occasional Contributor

Aaron, 

iOS works and has for awhile.  I was asking for our line superintendent who has Android.  Can anyone download and use Android apps in beta?

0 Kudos
AaronKoelker
Occasional Contributor III

I believe so. I had sent an email to the address Brent posted above and asked to get notified. It seems to be open to anyone on the Play Store.

Explorer for ArcGIS Beta - Apps on Google Play 

-Aaron
0 Kudos
BrentPierce
Esri Contributor

Yeah that's the link to get at the Android 20.1.0 beta. It's our first beta so will be a little rough but a good way to get a feel if your bug(s) have been addressed and to make sure your workflows work.

If you find any issues or have any questions whatsoever you can let us know in a number of different ways:

1. Post on our Geonet site: https://community.esri.com/groups/explorer-beta
  2. Join the slack channel: https://explorer-slack.herokuapp.com/
  3. Or just email us directly at Explorer4ArcGIS@esri.com
0 Kudos