Select to view content in your preferred language

Fails to upload package data from ArcGIS Explorer

05-21-2012 10:33 AM
DennisUyenoyama
New Contributor
Hi!  I created map data (KML waypoints and line data) with ArcGIS Explorer and attempted to upload that data per the instructions in "uploading content to ArcGIS Online" in the help and it appeared to work from the application side and I had assigned my online map to a group and specified said group in the application but the data never shows up in my online map.  Can someone advise what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ShellyGill2
Occasional Contributor
Does the layer still appear in the Layers panel when you and / or other users in the group open the map? Is it when the map is opened in ArcGIS Explorer Online that the layer cannot be seen, or is this when opened in the map viewer part of the website, or in another web mapping application maybe? Perhaps you can share the map publically, or if you invite me to your group (username sgill) I will open the map and see if I can find out the problem.
0 Kudos
DennisUyenoyama
New Contributor
Hi Shelly
Thanks for your time.  I suspect I am doing something wrong.  When I create the data in ArcGIS Explorer Desktop, the process appears to occur correctly but the data never materializes in my ArcGIS Explorer Online.  Now, I realize that other steps may be necessary.  I see that the content is uploaded here:
http://www.arcgis.com/home/content.html
But I do not know how to link the layer package in the content list to a specific map.
Please advise and thank you for your assistance.
0 Kudos