Select to view content in your preferred language

Swipe

03-10-2010 12:46 PM
BartHound
Emerging Contributor
Swipe only works up and down, should work left and right as well.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
JoeFlannery
Honored Contributor
Swipe works in all four directions for me.
0 Kudos
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
Interesting, I suppose I can come back and retest, does your swipe arrow change direction as well.
0 Kudos
ArcGISUser
Frequent Contributor
Swipe works in all four directions for me.

Same here.  I do notice that my cursor rapidly changes from arrow to hourglass when I swipe and that seems unusual.
0 Kudos
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
I guess it does work in all directions for me as well, but I think what is annoying is that if I swipe, left to right, in order to swipe top to bottom, I have to reclick the swipe tool, rather than just swipe in that direction.  It seems like it would be better to press the tool, and have the tool remain pressed.  Another annoyance is that the cursor stays as a hand, rather than the familiar triangle, that I have become accustomed to for ArcGIS.  It seems like the hand never changes to any other icon.  For consistency for GIS users, it would be nice for an icon change between tools.
0 Kudos
JoeFlannery
Honored Contributor
AGX 1200 Online Help states:

"If you hold down the Ctrl key while swiping, you'll remain in Swipe mode. This is useful if you want to continue swiping, but in a different direction, for example up/down after swiping left/right."

http://webhelp.esri.com/arcgisexplorer/1200/en/controllinglayerappearance.htm

When I engage the swipe tool I initially get a black triangle then a double triangle when swiping.
0 Kudos
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
Wow, they have a help doc for Explorer, who reads that;)
0 Kudos