Spatial Index frequently looses on Feature class

01-24-2019 10:06 PM
JAY_PRAKASHKUMAR
New Contributor III

Hello All,

My feature class loses spatial index frequently. I am not able to figure out why is this happening. The only may be the reason my client is suggesting is due to a python script they run to abandoned some feature in that feature class?

Any suggestion on this topic would be great?

Thank for reading!

Thank You

Jay Prakash Kumar

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What type of GDB is the feature class being stored in, enterprise GDB, file geodatabase, etc...?  If enterprise geodatabse, what DBMS and version.  What version of ArcGIS are you using?  How are you determining the spatial index is missing?

0 Kudos
JAY_PRAKASHKUMAR
New Contributor III

The following are the information for your above questions

I have Enterprise GDB with SQL Server 2008 Version R2. Graphics of my features go off and then I had to recalculate the Spatial Index in feature class so, as to get the feature class graphics once again.

I think hopefully I am making sense to you

Thank You for your time 

Thank You

Jay Prakash Kumar

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

SQL Server 2008 R2 hasn't been supported since ArcGIS 10.3.x.  Are you running 10.3.x or older on both the server and desktop?  Also, ArcGIS 10.3.x has reached mature support status which means there won't be any updates, patches, or fixes for it (with an occasional rare exception).

As you describe the situation, you aren't really sure the spatial index is disappearing, you only know that recalculating it addresses your issue. In your original post, you state that the data is being manipulated by a script.  Does that script recalculate the spatial indexes when it completes?

0 Kudos