Problem with geotagged photo

11-03-2011 02:29 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: gianlucapiccin

Hi
I'm working with the 1750 version of the program but I have problems with geotagged photos.
The coordinates in the exif files are correct, but when importing the image into ArcExplorer the photo  is in different location and the coordinates are different.
I attach the exif  file data read with exiftool and acdsee pro 5 and the coordinates found in ArcExplorer.
Greetings
Gianluca
0 Kudos
9 Replies
EdanCain
New Contributor II
Hi Gianluca,
there have been two bugs found with image geotagging in 1750, both of which I have fixed and will be in the next release of Explorer. Your bug is covered in one of the fixes.

Sorry I can't give you a time estimate as to when we'll release the next version, and that your image is not displaying as it should.

kind regards,
Edan
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: gianlucapiccin

Dear Edan.
Thank you! Waiting for the new version will insert the correct coordinates manually. I noticed that I have the same problem importing kmz and kml files.
Greetings
Gianluca
0 Kudos
JasonButterfield
New Contributor
Are there any updates to this?
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: jacksonlord

I'm also having issues with this. My photos definitely have GPS locations in the EXIF data and were taken from an iphone. When imported into ArcGIS Explorer Desktop, they show up at Earth's origin (0-0-0 N, 0-0-0 W).

Attached is an example photo
0 Kudos
NatsukoTERASHIMA
Esri Contributor
Hi Jackson,

What is the version? Build 1750 has this issue with the iPhone and Cashio.
This issue does not occur in build 1700.

Natsuko
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: jacksonlord

I'm using 1750. I dont see where to download the 1700 build: http://resources.arcgis.com/content/arcgis-explorer/1700/about
0 Kudos
danielmacharia
New Contributor
I'm also having issues with this. My photos definitely have GPS locations in the EXIF data and were taken from an iphone. When imported into ArcGIS Explorer Desktop, they show up at Earth's origin (0-0-0 N, 0-0-0 W).

Attached is an example photo

I am also having the same problem. I took my photos using BlackBerry but when I import them to ArcGIS Explorer they go to 0-0-0 N, 0-0-0 W. How do I solve this issue.

Regads,
Dan, Nairobi
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: natsuko

Hi Jackson,

You can download build 1700 from the website at http://resources.arcgis.com/content/arcgis-explorer/1700/download.

Do you have Android? My photos that took by Android works fine on build 1750.

Natsuko
0 Kudos
EdanCain
New Contributor II
All,
as I mentioned above there was an issue with IPhone pictures as they were missing the seconds from degrees minutes seconds as I was expecting. The code would fail and exit returning 0 as the coordinate value.
The code change has been made, the fix is in, tested, and will be in our next release of Explorer. Sorry have no timeline to share as to when we will release our next version.

Sorry for the inconvenience with IPhone pictures.
Edan Cain
0 Kudos