Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Explorer will not display Raster with Worldfile?

04-08-2010 05:51 PM
DonCopple
Occasional Contributor III
ArcGIS Explorer is not recognizing the world file for displaying raster images for GeoJPG, or GeoTIFF.  I can download these raster datasets and view in ArcMap, but want to be able to open in ArcGIS Explorer.  Anyone know how to fix that?
0 Kudos
13 Replies
DonCopple
Occasional Contributor III
Great!  Will the next build also be without the compatibility problems with Arc Desktop that 1200 did?
0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor
We do not expect the 1500 release to have any issues with ArcGIS Desktop. Unfortunately a few users have reported problems with 1200 and ArcGIS Desktop despite extensive testing of the products in a variety of combinations in multiple environments prior to release.

Regards

Mike
0 Kudos
michellefillingim
New Contributor III
I can confirm that this SID image (2045.sdw), with the SDW world file (2045.sdw), works fine in the next release of ArcGIS Explorer without any need for modifying the data in ArcGIS Desktop.

Regards

I too am unable to get a sid file in explorer.  I just downloaded the latest build and it still doesn't work.

Any clues?
0 Kudos
michellefillingim
New Contributor III
I too am unable to get a sid file in explorer.  I just downloaded the latest build and it still doesn't work.

Any clues?

I figured it out by saving it as a layer file.
0 Kudos