Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Explorer Repair failure.

10-05-2011 10:40 AM
TinaKwitkoski
Regular Contributor
Hi,
I am having issues with some layer pkgs after installing AGX on my laptop. I get the notice that I have broken layers, and then when I try and repair I get a Layer repair message. (Both errors attached). Then I tried to just add my layers and still no luck. Same error message.
Does anyone have an idea how to fix this? They layer pkg's are 'good' so no issue there, as they work on the desktop.

Thanks.
Tina
0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: adaminglis

I looked into this problem for Tina and have some more details and a work around, but no solution.  The error messages only show up in build 1750, the LPK work fine in build 1700, so our current work around is to uninstall 1750 and run 1700.

I unpacked some of the LPK files that caused errors and compared them to LPK files that still work in build 1750 and the difference is, the LPK files that do not work in build 1750 have v93 and v10 geodatabases with a LYR file in the root dir, and another LYR file in the v10 dir.  Build 1750 does not seem to be able to read or look for the LYR file in the v10 dir.  LPK files that do work in build 1750 only have one LYR file and one geodtabase.

The other option we have is to unpack the non-working LPK files and read the LRY file out of the v10 dir.
0 Kudos