Select to view content in your preferred language

AGX crashes when trying to add ArcGIS Online data.

02-02-2011 08:39 AM
JaniceBaird
Frequent Contributor
I am running 1500 and the very first time I select ArcGIS Online from the Add Content button, ArcGIS Explorer crashes without a crash report. Just boom, dead and gone. After restarting AGX and trying to add Online content, I get a proxy error. I set my user name and password in the Advanced tab of the ArcGIS Explorer Options and still get the error. If I skip the proxy server, I can get to ArcGIS Online.

1. Crash only happens on the very first try. I have AGX 1500 on 2 machines and it happened the same way on both.

2. Unable to get through the proxy even with a username and password set.

Thanks,
Janice.
0 Kudos
8 Replies
AndreiIvanov
Deactivated User
Thanks for reporting the issues. We will try to figure out what's going on.
0 Kudos
JaniceBaird
Frequent Contributor
I can add ArcGIS Online data through "Add GIS Service" using http://services.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/services

Janice.
0 Kudos
KennethBraswell
Deactivated User
I think that I have the same problem.  All I know is that every time I add data from ARCGIS OnLine, ArcMap crashes with no error statement.
0 Kudos
AndreiIvanov
Deactivated User
Kenneth, are you using ArcMap or ArcGIS Explorer?
0 Kudos
ErnejunCorvera
Occasional Contributor
I also have same problem. I think the error is on the proxy settings..I already setup the proxy but same problem...Please help, i manage more than 5 computers in our department with AGX.
0 Kudos
KennethBraswell
Deactivated User
Kenneth, are you using ArcMap or ArcGIS Explorer?

I'm using ArcMap.
0 Kudos
vincentleroux
Regular Contributor
I'm having the same problem for months with Arcmap.  As soon as I try to add or use Arcgis Online content (be it basemaps or geocoding), the application crashes...
It is driving me nuts and I can't do my work properly.

EDIT : Just found out that you should uncheck the hardware acceleration in the Acrmap Option, Data tab and it works !! At Last !
0 Kudos
DarynRadford
Deactivated User
I can report the same problem with AGX 1500.   Crashes the moment I try and add content - ArcGIS Online. It draws a dialog box on screen but there is nothing in it (transparent) and then within 10 seconds AGX goes down in a blink.

WinXP
Behind corporate proxy
ArcGIS Desktop installed.
0 Kudos