Select to view content in your preferred language

Zoom and Pan options missing as Action Triggers

05-29-2024 06:33 AM
NathanKoski
New Contributor III

Hi

I am making an exp builder app with a map that has two datasets. One is a table of Meter IDs and the other is a feature layer with the meter's locations. Both have the MeterID fields. Although the MeterID field on the table is not unique. 

I want to add a search bar for the user to search the table for a meter id, and when they select that meterid I want the map to pan to where that meter is, but when I try and setup the trigger the "zoom to" and "Pan to" options are missing completely. I can only "flash"and filter the map which both do work, but I really need the map to zoom/pan!

NathanKoski_0-1716989387809.png

I am working via AGOL so I am using whatever the latest version the AGOL has.

I couldn't find anything on the documentation to explain why just those two options are disabled, so any insight would be great!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor
NathanKoski
New Contributor III

No, it is not. But that is because the data source needs to be the table as the user needs to search by the table, and have it pan to the point if the point is mapped. (Part of the purpose of this app is to query the meter table to get data needed for the user to correctly map new meters in our database.) 

I guess I am confused, because it is able to flash the point on the map when I search using the table as the data source. I understand it not being able to pan if the table does not have a related meter mapped, but then how is EB able to search the feature lay, find the related feature, and flash the feature on the map but not able to just pan/zoom to the same feature it is flashing? Seems like an odd oversight.

0 Kudos
Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Ok, yes, you won't get those options when setting the table as your source. Esri can probably explain why. 

0 Kudos