Select to view content in your preferred language

Widget Controller - Mobile Layout Default Height

07-13-2023 08:49 PM
LeonAus
New Contributor III

Is there any way to control the default height of the widget controller panel when in the mobile layout?

By default the panel has a height of about 150px:

LeonAus_0-1689306365562.png

The user can then drag it up to around 50% or 100% height of the map widget, tapping on the title does the same.

The default height is not very usable and I'd like it to open to 50% by default. Is this possible without customizing the controller widget?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Shen_Zhang
Esri Contributor

Hi @LeonAus 

This is currently designed behavior, and the default height cannot be modified. 

The Sidebar widget could be an alternative to accomplish the desired functionality. In the screenshot below, I have implemented a Map widget positioned at the top, with additional widgets placed in a dock below. By default, the dock can be hidden, and its size can be customized and saved according to preferences. Within the dock, a Section widget has been utilized to create distinct views for the widgets, complemented by a Views Navigation widget to facilitate seamless navigation between these views.

Also, please feel free to raise an idea in the Ideas channel or go through Esri Support. We can help evaluate the enhancement possibility based on the general feedback along the way. Thanks!

Shen Zhang
0 Kudos
LeonAus
New Contributor III

Thanks for the response.

I think your solution would be a step back in usability compared to the default widget controller behaviour, but that's for the suggestion.

I've raised an idea here

0 Kudos