Select to view content in your preferred language

Viewing layers from REST service

Jump to solution
06-27-2022 07:43 AM
PorterC
Emerging Contributor

Hello,

Using Experience Builder I have constructed a standard split screen/compare map viewer - one map window of data on left and another on the right that will pan/zoom Map 1 and Map 2 via Actions. 

In Map 1 I have a georectified historic map in a WebMap and this shows successfully. In Map 2 I wish to use another Web Map but this time the layers are rasters from an external REST service. Problem is the service layers will not display. The layers can be shown successfully using the Embed->URL widget but then I can't connect it to Map 1 via Actions. 

This same REST service works well in a standard Web App, and can be seen through a public StoryMap for instance. I have the same issue as above if I try to add the Web App instead of the Web Map. 

Can anyone advise on how I can get REST services to appear in Map 2? 

Thank you,

CP

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PorterC
Emerging Contributor

To update on the above, I've had to use a workaround by creating the full map viewer compare application in WAB and adding this to ExB as a map widget.

CP

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PorterC
Emerging Contributor

To update on the above, I've had to use a workaround by creating the full map viewer compare application in WAB and adding this to ExB as a map widget.

CP

0 Kudos