Select to view content in your preferred language

Unable to delete an added data item in the runtime panel (Add Data Widget)

Jump to solution
Monday
GISMapLady
New Contributor II

Hello all,

Maybe its because I don't know where the runtime panel is on Experience Builder, but after adding a zipped shapefile to Experience Builder through the Add Data Widget, I cannot find where to delete the added layer.

The documentation says "You can rename or delete an added data item in the runtime panel." 

I have checked the widget's content, style and action settings and don't find a place where that functionality can be added to or deleted from the widget.

So that leaves me to wonder where the runtime panel is?....I had assumed it is the same area that the layers are shown.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

GISMapLady_0-1722272378160.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @GISMapLady ,

Thank you for posting!

When data is added to the map using the Add Data widget, you will be able to update the layer name from the Add Data widget panel itself.

AlixVezina_1-1722275682336.png

To remove a layer once it's been added to the map, you can use the Trashcan that will have showed up on the bottom right of the map after the layer was added.

AlixVezina_2-1722275709408.png

See recording:

If you have any ideas on how this experience could be improved, please let us know and always feel free to log an official Enhancement request through Esri Support!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @GISMapLady ,

Thank you for posting!

When data is added to the map using the Add Data widget, you will be able to update the layer name from the Add Data widget panel itself.

AlixVezina_1-1722275682336.png

To remove a layer once it's been added to the map, you can use the Trashcan that will have showed up on the bottom right of the map after the layer was added.

AlixVezina_2-1722275709408.png

See recording:

If you have any ideas on how this experience could be improved, please let us know and always feel free to log an official Enhancement request through Esri Support!

0 Kudos
GISMapLady
New Contributor II

Thank you so much @AlixVezina . I recognize that I had made my widget smaller than what you showed, therefore, I didn't see the added functionality I was looking for.

SarahBarks
New Contributor II

Hi @AlixVezina , I have a similar issue, but when I delete/remove the data from the map using the trash icon, it does not actually remove it from the map. Please can you help? In the attached example, the orange dots are the data I have added/removed. Thanks so much.EsriIssue.PNG

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

@SarahBarks You'll see from my original post above that there a 2 trash icons. One in the Add Data widget and one in the bottom right corner of the map (assuming that one is currently covered by the Add Data widget in your screenshot). The one in the map will remove the data added to the map.

AlixVezina_1-1722275682336.png   AlixVezina_2-1722275709408.png

0 Kudos