Select to view content in your preferred language

Table empty selection view not working

Jump to solution
4 weeks ago
BerndtNording
Regular Contributor

I'm building a simple Experience app that allows the user to edit a few fields of a selected feature. I used  map, table, and select widgets to do this. The app works as it should so the triggers are al set as they need to be except for one problem: The table is showing all the records when there is no selected feature. In the Data panel for the feature class in question I checked  "No Selection View" and configured a view for "ObjectID is Blank". The table preview in the dialog where you configure the view shows that the filter returns no records.

However, when running the app the table is still showing all records - I must be missing something somewhere...

Initially I wanted to use a list widget instead of a table widget for this but concluded there was no way to show values for several fields of a record, nor make anything editable in there. Did I conclude wrongly?

NoDataSelection.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

In the Table Widget Settings, make sure your Data is set to Selected Features.

JeffreyThompson2_0-1727267560084.png

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

In the Table Widget Settings, make sure your Data is set to Selected Features.

JeffreyThompson2_0-1727267560084.png

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos
BerndtNording
Regular Contributor

That was it!  Thank you.

0 Kudos
BerndtNording
Regular Contributor

I guess I spoke too soon. While setting the data to selected features did solve the initial problem, it also broke the application, and I had to rebuild the app piece by piece several times before I finally found the culprit . Switching to Selected Features also sneakily changed the Configure Fields section to Use Layer Settings, and for some reason that also eliminates editing capabilities. I can't think of any logical reason why it would do that, is this a Bug???

0 Kudos
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

It might have something to do with Experience Builder being incapable of making simultaneous edits to multiple features. As the Selected Features group could have multiple features in it.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos