Setting Anchor Links (Page Jumps) in Experience Builder

11-06-2020 08:25 AM
EricPeña
Occasional Contributor

Is there a way to Set Link to a Section or Block in Experience Builder, similar to anchor links (page jumps) in HTML?  I'd like to scroll down to a section by clicking a link at the top of a one-page scrolling application. 

6 Replies
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Eric,

Currently, we do not have an option to do that. However, we will add that as a feature to our list of enhancements. I think a lot of people would find that useful.

Cheers,

David

AndreasEugster
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Like Eric, I would also find a "navigation to blocks or sections" extremely helpful - especially with long scrolling pages a must! Would love to see this as a feature similar (or as configuration of) the "Menu - Widget".

Any news / down the roadmap?
@EricPeña Could you work around that problem?

EricPeña
Occasional Contributor

@AndreasEugster, no I have not found a workaround yet.

0 Kudos
AndreasEugster
Occasional Contributor

With the new ExB Dev Edition 1.5 you can Link to "Blocks" now.

So a possible workaround is to add a button-widget in the header. The button links to a Sidecar (add a window - sidecar). In the sidecar you can add more buttons and link the buttons to the needed sections (blocks).

Would be lovely if there was an option within the "Menu" to switch to "blocks" instead of "pages" (+ the ability to do a block selection or the option to "hide blocks from menu"). I'll post this to the ExB - Idea section

- Andi

Jennifer_Parmeley
New Contributor III

This works for what I need - thank you for sharing!

0 Kudos
JamesPaull2
New Contributor III

Yes desperately needed for long scrolling text sections like environmental assesments. Also map actions like in storymaps but this is a whole other issue.

0 Kudos